ABB robot RIO to 5/04, is this possible?

spaceacealpha

I'm not too particularly swift when it comes to RIO. Usually have to just try settings til I get results. Sort of remember an 1746-SN card being involved. Found an DSQC239 AB RIO card in a robot cabinet, and I just so happen to have a lovely project where this would come in handy. The target PLC is a 5/04. Is it possible to link the two directly? I can also use a 5/03 and a 5/05 if that helps any.

If it is possible, can anyone send me example programs for the giving and the taking so I can copy it right? Like the EIO.CFG file for the RIO robot (I have a 6400 S4 M96)

The 1747-SN module can be used with the 5/02, 5/03, 5/04, or 5/05 modular SLC controllers to scan Allen-Bradley Universal Remote I/O (RIO) devices.

1747-SN Series B is required for "block transfer" functionality.

I don't know anything about your robot interface so I'll leave that for others.

Yes this is done easily call ABB they have some good support guys.
You have to make sure the I/O block is setup in the CFG.