PROFIBUS over SINGLEMODE fiber

I am uncertain as to what the Siemens price is.

Westermo offers two potential products for your application, depending on your requirements. One is being point to point (ODW631) and the other being multidrop (ODW632). Both can be ordered as either single mode or multimode.

More information is available through the following link:

http://www.eternity-sales.com/Westermo/fiberchannel.htm

With Westermo's products, what you communicate with at one end is what you receive at the other end.

Depending on which unit you purchase, you can communicate up to 80km.

If you have any questions, feel free to email or post.

Hope this helps.

God Bless,

I believe You can NOT use simple media converters. In product sheet MUST be specified that PROFIBUS protocol is supported. As I can see, there is nothing about PROBIBUS in Your product data. Physical layer id the same, RS485, but protocol matters.

Like Westermo ODW61X specifies 'PROFIBUS'... Westermo is OK. You can use FIB1 only to extend line lenght in simple multidrop RS485 systems/protocols, like OMRON HostLink or Freeport S7-200