Micrologix 1000 HMI

utakn2me

Thanks in advance, I'm interfacing a Micrologix 1000 and a Automation direct Optmate 420 display. I purchased the correct com cable and it says to use A/B N-files (integer) All I'm trying to do is to display error messeges. So using N:7/0 through N:14/0. I get my first error messege but no others. This being the first time i'm trying these two units together I'm sure there's something wrong with my setup. Any advice on setting up these N files will be appreciated.

RZ

Syntax

All MicroLogix and SLC controllers use "Typed Data Files", with a file Type (I,O,S,B,N,T,C,F,R,ST) and a File Number (0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...)

There are default files created in every SLC/MicroLogix program.

The default File 7 is always Integer type, so "N7:xx" is a very common address to see, but there can be many more Integer data files created*, so "N" for a file Type does not always mean File "7".

* Except, of course, for your hardware platform. The MicroLogix 1000 controllers has the default data files only and you cannot create more. The only Integer "N" file in the MicroLogix 1000 is "N7:xx".

For the purposes of your HMI interface, the addresses you configure in the HMI must be N7:0 through N7:254.

Were the 'N' file references provided to you by the PLC program creator? Contact them again for clarification. If still confused re-post here.

details - details - details ...

So using N:7/0 through N:14/0.

that's not going to work ... if you need 15 integer locations try N7:0 through N7:14 and see if that comes closer ...

you have to be VERY careful with the syntax/spelling of your addresses ...

specifically, the addresses that you listed are impossible in the system that you have ... you've probably just made some typographical errors - but errors like that will keep the system from working ...

and welcome to the forum ...

Thanks for the help guys, Using N7:0/0 through N7:14/0 seems to work. I get my first error messege. I have to double check my setup in the Optmate 420 for my other messeges. I do maintain a Rockwell tech connect account if there's any need.

Thanks again

RZ