Micrologix 1000 Software

Tragikz

Looking at a Micrologix 1000 1761-L32AWA, I tried to connect using the 1761-CBL-PM02 through a Serial to USB converter (This setup was used recently to connect to a Micrologix 1500 no problems). I am using RSLogix 500 Micro. Is there a different software I need? :unsure:

Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

In general, if you have a USB/RS232 converter and RSLinx configuration that works correctly with one MicroLogix or SLC-500 controller, it will work with another. That's especially true if you have one that functions well with the "Auto-Configure" feature that rapidly tests for an echo response at various serial speeds and framing settings.

All MicroLogix and SLC-500 controllers support at least DF1 Full Duplex and DH485 protocol on their serial port.

The MicroLogix 1100, 1200, 1400, and 1500 all have an easy way to revert the Channel 0 serial port back to the default DF1 Full Duplex settings; on the 1200 and 1500 it's a physical "DCOMM" button.

They have that feature because it was such a pain in the butt to revert a MicroLogix 1000 to DF1 once you had set it for DH485 or DF1 Half Duplex.

To determine if your MicroLogix is set for DH485 protocol, disconnect the serial cable.

If the COMM LED flashes about once per second, then the controller's Channel 0 serial port is set for DH485 protocol, and you will need a 1747-UIC or similar device to connect to it.

(There may also be a last-ditch method, but I don't like to recommend it because it can let out the magic smoke).

you may need to go into your pc and look at the com port settings.
go into the control panel and click on device manager. if you are not an admin, click ok. expand the com port block and see what the com port is set to.
my com port is set to port 6 in rslinx.
regards,
james