RS View SE and a ToughBook w touch screen

stooperbike

Hello All,
I am looking into a Panasonic Tough book where we will be running RSview SE. My question may be trivial but... we can order the tough book with a touchscreen, does anyone know if the touch screen functions will work with RS view SE. I am afraid that just because it has a touch screen does not necessarily mean it will work with RSviewSE touchscreen functions.
Thanks for the help.!

A touch screen is a touch screen. They emulate mice. Why would it not work with a particular piece of software?

The software may be garbage, but it is probably not even that mis-behaved.

Touch screen functionality on a tough book should be no different than touch screen functionality on a VersaView. Computers are computers. I'd be more concerned about the operating system the thoughbook would run.

You do need to consider the SE architecture you plan to use. Would you access SE using terminal services? As stand alone? As distributed? That could change the required hardware spec of that toughbook.

To ease concerns you can always ask for a "Demo" unit from your vendor.

SE will act as a standalone and this will not be networked to any computer. This is going to be a room, all by itself, we are going to SE to monitor data and for some control functions, nothing fancy. You can get a tough book with Windows XP sp2 so I think I am all set there.

Sorry Mr.Stooperbike,

I mistaken you i thought touch book(touch laptop)into touch screen HMI device.....

Ya sure you can install and run the RS family products into the Panasonic Tough book Panasonic Tough book only thing is you please install the OS as below:
Winxp
sp2.
file system :NTFS.
nobody checked all the functionality of RS family products on the new OS system like Wista etc.....

Many thanks for understanding....
Naag.