Profibus ET200s - S7 400 diagnose

rigicon

Hi, Got a S7 400 talking over profibus DP to ET 200S machine stopped. Was reset before I got there. I looked at the History attached is the diagnostic events.
Had these ET 200 modules fail before replace and away she goes. They are asking me which one - I told them next time it happens check the SF light an all the modules. They want to know if I can tell them from the report. I think it is 48 or 80
Part number of the ET200S is 6ES7 151-1AA03-0AB0 I think there was an issue with a 2003 batch but unconfirmed.

Can anyone help please ?

Last edited:
There are two repeating events:

I/O access error, writing
P area, byte access, Access address: 28

I/O access error, reading
P area, byte access, Access address: 26

So the DP slave with the adresses QB28 and IB26 is the one you must go look for.

Looking again, then there are several other diagnostics entries.

I/O access error when updating the process image input table entering state
P area, byte access, access address: 73

I/O access error when updating the process image input table entering state
P area, byte access, access address: 72

Distributed I/Os: station failure
Address of the affected DP slave: station number: 65

You must locate the modules with QB28, IB26, IB72 and IB73.
Maybe they are in the same DP slave, maybe station no 65.

The problem may be the i/o module, or some module(s) within the station, the terminator block, or if some modules are not seated properly with each other (sideways).

Thanks JesperMP
There is a station 65. To locate the modules with QB28, IB26, IB72 and IB73 is going to take some time. I'll check tomorrow This machine a Laser scoring machine has done this before It took me 2 hours to fix it last time mucking in the program only when I replaced a ET 200S module did the problem go away. I agree with you check the power supply earthing etc.
I can see a module being replaced though. It will be the third on this machine. looks like these ET 200S have a short life time or there is some kind of voltage spikes or temperature variations. Thanks for your help mate.

🍻

JesperMP
Here is the project I have been looking for QB28, IB26, IB72 and IB73 found then in ob35 and fc21 PIB & PQB but I can't find the association to the module number ie 65(if it is 65). Maybe you can lead me as there are no comments and I am missing the point here somewhere. A nice complicated one STL, graph and ladder. A challenge I think. :confused:

This is the step7 Archive so should just be a retrieve in step 7 to open.

Open the HW Config, and use "View" .. "auto arrange".

Select DP slave 65.
There you can see that I72.0 to I73.3 are assigned to that slave.

IB26 and QB28 are assigned to slave no 30.

Thanks mate I think we found it Module 65 has been changed twice but module 30 is inside the ABB robot a DSQC 352 profibus Bus Card.
Naughty no wonder they can never find the problem.
Thanks JesperMP We can now check the robot installation and probably change the card.

If you have the error "3 SF + 8 BF"
et200serrorpg8.gif

1. replace to new 1AA05
or
2. replace Samsung RAM chip

LED display of the configuration and parameter assignment errors
https://support.automation.siemens....h_feature_product_information_en-US_en-US.pdf

Thank you Saperov very useful information I wasn't aware of the error codes.Normally saw the SF or BF light and knew there was a problem. If/when it reoccurs I'll take note. Changing the RAM chip is a bit out of my league. I have 3 of these modules that have been replaced in the past. So I'll open up one and have a look.

Ps How or where did you get the graphics I mean it actually flashes 3SF and 8BF amazing - really cool.

Last edited:
Module 65 is the ET200S 151 standard.#
Module 30 is a DSQC 352A profibus gateway card ABB canbus one side Profibus other.