RSLogix 500 and HSC difficulty

Ferpimo

Thank you for reading this post... I've searching on the internet and it seems that i wouldn't have any problem using the HSC from my MicroLogix 1100 (1763-L16BBB), however in the RSLogix 500 Pro (8.10.00 (CPR 9)) the HSC instruction appears in gray and i can't use it on the code of my program... i've selected on the processor type "MicroLogix 1100 Series B, Bul. 1763" and everything had been working properly until i got this problem.

Someone can help me please? Thank you so much. Greetings from Mexico.

You won't use the HSC instruction. You will use the HSC Function File.

The CPU Instruction Sety Manual, 1763-RM001B-EN-P, has a section on the use of the HSC Function File.

As Bernie says you set up the counter in the HSC function file, but you can access the HSC from the rungs.

e.g. in your first scan code you might want to enable the HSC by setting the count enable bit with

OTL HSC:0/CE

To read the counter value use a move like this

MOV HSC:0.ACC N11:0

For accurate count periods look at using the STI interrupt function file.

Al

Thank you so much for your help, i've done a program and it counts and interrupts ok... but in order of simulate it i'm using the PWM to generate a fixed frequency, the output of the PLC works fine, however the HSC crashes at 67 Hz, anyone knows why? Greetings

I've solved my issue, it's very important setting down the input filter of the PLC at minimum time. Thank you so much for your help. Greetings