best featured ge plc

basharath

DEAR ALL,
I NEED A GE FANUC PLC WHICH CONTAINS ALL THE FEATURES IN ORDER TO TRAIN THE FRESH ENGINEERS JOINING MY COMPANY,THE PLC SHALL BE SMART ENOUGH TO HAVE ALL THE FEATURES WHICH WE COME ACROSS IN EXECUTING THE PROJECTS.HOPE ANY GE PROFESSIONAL MAY GUIDE WELL.....
THANKS.(y)

In my opinion, that would be the GE RX3i. It is a fully functional PAC that is programmable in all 5 IE-61131 languages (ladder, function block, structured text, instruction list and SFC) and it has a rich set of I/O modules to handle various applications, such as integrated motion control or advanced communications.

Best regards

The RX3i does not do instruction list or SFC.

Basharath - Could you better define the features you come across in your projects? The RX3i is a good product, but it is possible you don't need that much power.

DEAR ALL,
I NEED A GE FANUC PLC WHICH CONTAINS ALL THE FEATURES IN ORDER TO TRAIN THE FRESH ENGINEERS JOINING MY COMPANY,THE PLC SHALL BE SMART ENOUGH TO HAVE ALL THE FEATURES WHICH WE COME ACROSS IN EXECUTING THE PROJECTS.HOPE ANY GE PROFESSIONAL MAY GUIDE WELL.....
THANKS.(y)

Umm...can someone validate my thinking here...

You need to train Engineers joining YOUR company, using a PLC that has the features YOUR projects use. How would you expect people on the internet to give you the right answer? Especially seeing as you are concerned about cost. I would believe the Rx7i would be the "Crown Jewel" of GE.

Umm...can someone validate my thinking here...

You need to train Engineers joining YOUR company, using a PLC that has the features YOUR projects use. How would you expect people on the internet to give you the right answer? Especially seeing as you are concerned about cost. I would believe the Rx7i would be the "Crown Jewel" of GE.

LOL! Yeah, I had the same thought as you when I saw this. Must be something about guys named Paul... (y)

dear polly and paul for my saying "which we come across in executing the projects" here WE means we the automation people and not my company..any way 23 pt micro is good for basic training as one GE guy told me..

I suggest that you get the Micro 20 point unit with an Ethernet port 2 option and add an analog expansion module. This will give you more flexibility for nearly the same cost.
For more information see the GE Catalog or support web site.