Vijeo Look to Vijeo Citect

bluenoser337

Anyone know if you can import or upgrade a "Look" application to a "Citect" application? I know nothing about either of them, but may have to expand a "Look" system. Thanks!!

Vijeo Look is a HMI (Human Machine Interface) application. It is operated using Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT4 SP6 and Windows 2000. The minimum configuration required is a Celeron 566Mhz with 128 Mb of RAM. Vijeo Look supplies all that is necessary for data acquisition, as well as for the development and visualization of animated synoptics for running PC processes. Real time data acquisition is performed using the OPC Factory Server (OFS)communications server, included in the product.

Nice cut and paste !

I remember it i think, if i am right Vijeo Look was a limited tag Citect system that would only connect to one IO device, aimed at machine builders etc.

They key to this is they are both Citect so i *THINK* that a Look project should port straight over to Citect.

From a 2006 report...
In addition to providing an automated way to upgrade to CitectSCADA from Intellution Fix32 and iFix, many customers have also utilized Switch2Citect importers to convert and improve their existing systems from InTouch and FactoryLink. "Since we launched Switch2Citect, customers from all across the world, in all industry segments, have been asking us for additional importers to help them upgrade from their legacy control system," says Stephen Flannigan, SCADA Global Director, Citect. " In response Citect has accelerated the development of new importers, with RSView and Monitor Pro to be released later this month, and we have started work on WinCC, Wizcon, Genesis32 and Vijeo Look importers."