RSlogix5000 bit shift

JPE

Hi all, I'm new to rs logix5000. I'm trying to implement a shift register, like BSL.How do I generate tags for the control word and the array?

Regards
J.

Hi all, I'm new to rs logix5000. I'm trying to implement a shift register, like BSL.How do I generate tags for the control word and the array?

Regards
J.

You have to define them ahead of time ideally, but you can do them on the fly as well. The Bit Shift operates similarily to previous AB PLCs, but the Logix is Tag based rather than Address based. If you look at the Instruction Help under the Help Menu, there is some information there. Or you can refer to the Instruction Reference.

Instruction Reference:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1756-rm003_-en-p.pdf

Have a look at Chapter 9.

Tag Information:

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1756-rm003_-en-p.pdf

Stu.....

As mentioned creating tags is same as any other tags. Take note control tags for BSL can only be used in that instruction, for the array you can use any int, dint, etc tags