Siemens S7 Question

GNBLogic

I was wondering if there is a way to convert from STL over to Ladder Logic in the Simatic Manager? I Have a program written in STL and is in german.

I would like to convert it from German to English as well.

New to Siemens. I'm experienced user of Allen Bradley.

Any Help would be appreciated.

If you have logic in LAD it will convert to STL and then back to LAD using the View menubar selection in the Editor. However straight STL usually will not convert to LAD.

It is only possible to work with several text languages in the same Step7 project if the original programmer made it that way.

You can change, switch, translate, import, export etc. (like in WinCC) the text languages on Simatic Manager under Options > Manage Multilingual Texts.

Check there and change the language to english and see what the texts show. It is highly unlikely that this will work because no one does this (I mean, program a PLC and then have the comments, symbols, etc. in different languages), but there is a chance.

Regards.