Siemens TIA V17 String Question

kevilay

Does anyone know why my one string is displaying this way? It is causing issues with my HMI displaying it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-05 100343.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-05 100343.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 42
Best guess is it isn't a valid string?

My understanding is the first byte is the string length, second byte is the max length. Your length of 0 but then filled with data could maybe not display right?

The first byte is the max string length, the second is the actual string length so you have a string declared of zero length - how is the string written ?

The first byte is the max string length, the second is the actual string length so you have a string declared of zero length - how is the string written ?
Oops, had it backwards. shows me
Its written from an OPC. This makes sense.
If the OPC driver knows Siemens, it "should" still handle things correctly, but should and do aren't always the same.