Siemens TIA V17 HMI Alarm Handling

Rob...

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello All,

I don't so much have a problem more my OCD.

I have a project, with over 1000 alarms. I create arrays in the PLC/HMI for my alarm triggers/HMI ack/PLC ack.

However, for the PLC ack, I am only allowed to choose from my array of alarm triggers in the HMI tag database.

Is there anyway of using a separate array for this. Or am I just going to have to extend the Alarm triggers array in the HMI and offset the bit number appropriatly.

The reason I ask, is having separate arrays allows me to set the bit offset the same for each alarm. Making it easier to find mistakes, incorrect tagging. E.G with 3 different arrays the bit offset would all be 0 for the first alarm, 1 for the 2nd etc etc..

I've attached a picture of what I mean, I hope this is enough information, but if not please let me know.

TIA Alarm handler.png