What is power rail booster

thanks

sorry
next time i am remember that.

actually

i go through that
but i cant get that how it is differ from repeaters

Well i am no Siemens expert but a repeater just repeats the signal over longer distances, the power rail booster from its description is specifically designed with the task of putting Profibus signals over power rails and slip rings, a repeater won't do that.

thanks a lot

thanks
one last question is it really necessary to boost up a profibus signal?

Well i am no Siemens expert but a repeater just repeats the signal over longer distances, the power rail booster from its description is specifically designed with the task of putting Profibus signals over power rails and slip rings, a repeater won't do that.

Like i said i dont use Siemens but in general if you need to boost the signal over its normal operating range then yes you would need to boost the signal.