Power Supply for Vertical Din Rail?

theColonel26

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am looking for power supply that I can mount on vertical DIN rail, and when mount that way is =< 4" wide.

this is what I have now.... this is ugly and not ideal.

1709755524317.png

I am looking for power supply that I can mount on vertical DIN rail, and when mount that way is =< 4" wide.

this is what I have now.... this is ugly and not ideal.

View attachment 68571
you can try this model from puls, it is more square than rectangle. I think you can get up to 4 or so amps and the width or whatever stays at 75mm

not sure what amperage out you need

Several of the Siemens power supplies I checked had derating curves in the manuals (rated current vs ambient temp) for pretty much every installation orientation. It's a different curve depending on whether you rotate it 90 degrees left or right from normal, haha. Sometimes you gotta love the German attention to detail.

Nice SkyCAD drawing!(y)
Lol thanks
Is there a reason you can't mount it normally?
Do you mean just rotate my existing power supply? or Mount it somewhere else on a horizontal din rail?
you can try this model from puls, it is more square than rectangle. I think you can get up to 4 or so amps and the width or whatever stays at 75mm

not sure what amperage out you need
Thanks, I forgot to mention I need like 8A to 10A.
Several of the Siemens power supplies I checked had derating curves in the manuals (rated current vs ambient temp) for pretty much every installation orientation. It's a different curve depending on whether you rotate it 90 degrees left or right from normal, haha. Sometimes you gotta love the German attention to detail.

Thanks I will go look

Automation Direct power supplies can be mounted sideways, but they are specific in which direction; when I spoke with them about it they said it's because you want the heat generating elements topside so they don't cook the board.

this may be a silly idea, but do you have enough depth in the panel that could you mount a piece of din rail cross-wise to another din rail? Somewhat analogous concept to this, but the second rail is rotated about an axis normal to the back of the panel instead of parallel to the back and perpendicular to the length of the main din rail? Maybe the second din rail's screws could hold onto the wings of the main din rail?