S7-300 or other program?

arjunasakti

Hi everyone..

I'm relative new to PLC world. I just started to learn the program Step 7 from Siemens. So please enlighten me about my question here. I would like to know whether SIMATIC S7-300 program is suitable to run these several tasks all together:

1. to control a pneumatic gripper.
2. to run/control a conveyor-belt.
3. to control several cylinders which work as pushers/sliders.

If the answer is yes, can you guys please tell me which CPU is required to run the program.

TIA!

What you describe is a typical PLC program.
If there ís nothing else to the task than what you have described, then any CPU, even the smallest, can do the job.

S7-300 seems a little overkill for the described tasks.

If you have to use Siemens maybe you could go for the S7-1200.

Thanks for the feedbacks guys.

Btw Karsten, I'm a little lost about the programs. I'm still not too sure actually about the tasks. Most probably will need to add 2-3 more tasks to the system.

Yup I have to use Siemens S7 and my problem now is I dont know much about the differences between these program for example between S-300 or S-400 and S-1200. I just found out S-1200 is the new family to the system rite?

I opt to S-300 before just because it says it's the most used program in control system for automation.

So what I understand now S-1200 is more capable to handle the described tasks.