KepServerEnterprise V5 Factorytalk View ME and S7 300

Kolberg

Hi all

Im trying to connect a PanelView Plus 600 with a Siemens S7 315 processor over ethernet. I have configured the KepserverEnterprise and i have downloaded a new firmware (with kepserver) into the panelview. The problem is, that my Factorytalk View application is working on my computer (altering values in the PLC), but when i download the application into the panelview - there is no connection at all. It seems that the Kepserver information (*.pfe) isn´t included in my *.mer file - what am i doing wrong??

Currenly, the KEPServerEnterprise V5 release only supports the Desktop. The CE release for KEPServerEnterprise is still the V4 release. Projects configured on the desktop in V5 will not load into the panel and run becuase the versions to do not match.

Thanks Fred. I have allready talked to Ab support about the problem, and they said the same. So no i have downgraded my KepServerEnterprise from a V5 to V4 according to a list i found i a AB technote. The problem is now, that my FactoryTalk View application doesn´t even work on my computer now - but i hope to get some results within the next hour or two.....

Hi Fred
After spending a unknown amount of time with V5 (without any succes), i switched to V4 - and now everything is working.