Welch Allyn & ControlLogix

ControlLogix

Hi guys,

I am hoping that someone out there has experience with Welch Allyn Hand Held Images (4410/4710) or similar. I need to activate the Serial Triggering feature via my PLC (ControlLogix with MVI RS232 Modules). While I can activate the commands correctly using a PC application, love nor money will not get the same thing to happen using my PLC.

For those in the know, the serial trigger command is 12(Hex), 18(Dec) and DC2 (ASCII). When I send the command from my PC, the actual characters I send are [DC2] or else [0x12]. Transferring this knowledge to the PLC does not work....pulling my hair out, while an option will not get my barcode reader working...any ideas folks...the support team from Welch Allyn struggle with questions that delve beyond "Check the Cable!".

Rgds,

The Frustrated!