omron cpm1a

hi all:ROFLMAO:
can someone help me..
i am using omron cpm1a and i want replace the program of cpm1a using syswin 3.4 with new one. but the program is protected :unsure:.i try using clear memory but it can work. i do uploading or downloading program it can work either.how i can write the program to plc? i want clear all the program on plc like new or default. and i will fill with my program. can some body help me please... 🤞🏻

thanks...:ROFLMAO:

It has been a while since I have used Syswin, however I beleive that there is an option when going online with the "C" series PLC's that reads someting like "CLEAR MEMORY" which includes a sub option of "Clear All". I believe this is how you can remove the existing program. If this PLC is on a running machine I would contact the OMRON representative in your country to confirm this, if it only clears the registers and does not also clear the program, the PLC will halt and do nothing further.

thanks for your reply n response
i was try with clear memory with sub option clear all..
then i try to downloading my program to plc but it still can work.. n the program said "program protected".all i want it just clear all program in plc n download my program to plc.. :confused:
can some body help me..

Are you able to Upload the Program,and monitor it? If you can't do those two things, you won't be able do Download the new Program either.

If and only if you can afford to lose the Current Program, you can do the follwoing.

If you can have the system down for a while. Disconnect the Backup Battery, and shut the power off to the PLC for at least a day or more. This should wipe out the program in the PLC Memory. Now that you have a PLC in Default State, you should be able to download your new program to it.

Stu.....

Another way

connect to the PLC
Change to program mode.
Go to setting and mark at "Program protection" Unprotected
Download setting to the PLC
Switch Off for few second (make sure all leds off) then ON
now do clear memory.
Switch off after.few seconds then ON.

Hope it will work