MicroLogix trouble

Tom_ky

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to connect my laptop to my Micrologix 1000 using RSLogix Micro.
When I try to use Auto Configure, I get the message "Failed to find error checking mode! Check all cables and switch settings!"
Also, when I try to download an existing program, I get the message "The target node is not an SLC-500 or Micrologix Contrloller."
Has any one got any ideas as to how to resolve this issue??
Any help would be really appreciated!

Tom!

Configure a driver manually,in RsLinx.Did you try opening linx and stopping driver and restarting?Sounds like you program you are trying to download is a error from your communications. What cable are you using?

It will not let me stop the driver. I am using an allen bradley pc cable. I have used it in the past, but it has been a long time since I used the controller.

What driver are you using?

And again what cable are you using ( complete catalog number)?

Do you have a real serial port? Not all USB to serial adapters work.
If using a USB adapter what com port did it take? ( must match this in RSLinx.

I never used micro version software. Did you configure driver in linx?check your pc system to verify your pc sees a connection

Did you check system properties for a driver conflict? Sometimes multiple device connections crowd performance. Unplug un-needed devices and reconnect adapter.Does micro version use line?