Profibus PA

MrQ

Hello,

We are about to deliver a system with Profibus PA for sensors, actuators and drives connected to the PLC.

Is there any kind of "instrument" that can be used to connect on the Profibus PA bus to simulate sensors or actuators for functional testing??

Do you want to simulate a single device in an operational situation or the entire bus for testing in simulation mode?

What kind of Profibus DP-PA gateway do u use (Siemens or P&F)?

The gateway is P&F.
I would like to simulate one device at a time.
You could use a PROFIBUS DP simulation program like PICS (see http://www.woodhead.com/products/brad/bradcommunications/simulation/). This program can simulate any kind of PROFIBUS DP slave. Since you use P&F every PA device is transparent and will be configured like a PROFIBUS DP device.
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for since this kind of programs are usually used to simulate the entire I/O that is connected to the PLC. For one device this would be overkill. A complete setup for this would set you back around EUR10.000,00.