First time H/W config to 313C.

DemonUK

Hi

I trying to transfer the h/w config to a new PLC. I can see the HMI panel further along but I cannot for the life of me see the PLC whether I plug in direct with my mpi cable or via the siemens profibus cable. When I do plug in via the siemens pb cable I can see and download to the HMI.

Can someone perhaps point out what I am forgetting to do here. I am reasonably new to this.

The project is a copy of a previous one which had exactly the same kit.

Thanks
D

The default MPI address of a new 313C CPU is no 2.
Be sure that your PC is not set to 2. Default for PG/PCs is 0.

The panels support 19.2k, 187.5k, 1.5M and sometimes also 12M baudrate.
The 313C only supports 19.2k and 187.5k (default).

PC is set to 0, hmi panel is 5 (which I can see) 313C is on the default 187.5k. These things I had checked, I was thinking i may have forgotten something really silly.

Also the on/off switch on the Siemens PB cable (purple) makes no difference.

What is the access point S7ONLINE set to in the Set PG/PC Interface utility ? Station adress and baudrate.
You can also use the Diagnostics in the Set PG/PC interface to search for the 313C.

address 0
timeout 1s
transmission rate 187.5
highest sta Address 31

In the diagnostics I only see 0(PC) and 5(HMI)

..and I have the PLC in STOP

Is there an MMC card in the 313C ?
If not, insert a fresh new MMC card.
If yes, try to do a memory reset by the switch on the CPU. Follow the manual. It takes some particluar steps that must be carried out exactly as it says in the manual.

It does have a card in. I am now going to go and find the manual lol

Thanks for your assistance to date, I will be back tomorrow, with a yea or ney. Thanks again