Unity Pro

low_rad

Hello.

My question is, how do I transfer a PL7_counter to the PLC with Unity Pro? I know I have to program it offline. But after that I don't know.

When I put the counter in the program and download it to the simulator it ask me to confirm "stop". That's not really an option during working time.

If someone can tell me how to do it I'd be greatful.

Patrik

Hello

You can't download program without stopping Unity PLC, if you have done offline edits to program. (after offline edit, you have to download whole program to PLC, and stop command is allways needed.)

If you want transfer edits without stopping PLC:

You have to go first to online with original PLC program. After that you can make online edits to program, and download them to PLC without stopping PLC. (build changes command)

If online edit is not possible for some reason, program warms of this.

PL7_counter edit/transfer is not possibly at online. You have to use different counter type, or you have to make your own counter to PLC, if you don't want stop PLC.

p.s If you make offline edit, take all data to file first from PLC, because data is lost when you download whole program to PLC. (PLC makes cold restart after whole program is downloaded, and this mean that at least all memory bits are reseted to zero...)
After you have donloaded program to PLC, you have to transfer data from file to PLC. After that you can start PLC again.

Data is not lost when online edits are done, but is is good to take data to file also before online editing...

Last edited: