Compactlogix L31 to slc 500

jharry

I am trying to send data from a compactlogix L31 to a SLC 500. I have a net/eni series d to eithernet to a contrologix gateway to a 1756/dhrio/e DH+ to my slc what is the easiest way to get 6 tags to be seen in the slc?

I am trying to send data from a compactlogix L31 to a SLC 500. I have a net/eni series d to eithernet to a contrologix gateway to a 1756/dhrio/e DH+ to my slc what is the easiest way to get 6 tags to be seen in the slc?

What is the exact model of your CompactLogix, your SLC500, and Net ENI? Are you using EtherNet to the Logix Gateway? If yes, what is the exact model, and what Slot is it installed in? What Slot is the DHRIO installed in. What Channel are you using for the DH+ on the DHRIO? Are you trying to use a MSG Instruction to transfer the Data? You will need a contiguous set of Tags in the CompactLogix, and Contiguous Data Memory in the SLC. Then set up your MSG Instruction to match. I know this is a lot of details, but they are imperative to make things work properly. Guessing doesn't work to well.

Stu.....

This is a tough one; I'm not sure it can be done.

The 1761-NET-ENI has a table of DF1 Node/IP Address equivalents on the "Message Routing" tab of the ENI Utility.

It can deliver a message to an SLC-5/05 or PLC-5E or MicroLogix (Nodes 1 to 44), or it can deliver a message to a ControlLogix in Slot 0 of a 1756-Chassis (Nodes 45-49).

CompactLogix or FlexLogix targets will work the same as ControlLogix in Slot 0 because they are in Slot 0 of their internal backplanes.

Unless your 1756-DHRIO module is in Slot 0, I don't think the 1761-NET-ENI can send this data to it in order to have the DH+ message executed and have the reply returned over EtherNet/IP.