Using S7 DB in WinCC Flexible 2008

enault

I got this Step 7 Project which is already well define.

i have added a HMI device to the project
the HMI is a MP277 10 Inch Touch

so far i've been able to download in the hmi that seems to work good

Now im a the point where i start to create some display with value form S7. while creating tag i can see the step 7 project but it wont expand to let me choose the Data Block Value

I dont have any PLC with Me, the project is define for a s7-319

The Comm between HMI and PLC will Be Ethernet

Is it possible to see the tag from S7 while being offline?
Do i have to make a compilation or something for the DB to beacome available in WinCC Flexible?
About the connection, is it the same setup for browsing online vs Offline DB?

When expanding to choose the DB you want, how far does it allow you to expand? You should be able to see it offline.

i only got 2 item in there the first one is Called project It got the same icon as the Wincc Flex explorer first icon

it does expand to show the second item which show the Step7 Project name and Icon there is a + sign Next to that second Item but that doesn't expand at all

just to let you know this is shown while trying to select Symbol. im able to enter the DB manually in the in the address Collumn, but since i dont have a PLC to test my stuff id really like to be browsing those DB with Symbol.

I'm assuming you have a connection created in WinCC Flex? And you do have that connection chosen for the tag that you are trying to choose the symbol for, correct?

Yes i do have a connection and it is selected while trying to browse

But im not sure that the connection is good, Because its use to setup the comm between HMI and PLC, but if its local on one computer how should it be setuped?

Let me know how you have your connection setup. Read off the columns from left to right with what you have in each column for the connection.

i've fix it

i had forgot to install the SP5 update for Step7
the PLC wasn't supported by Step7 SP4

Thanks Anyway