Exporting to a text file in GX Developer

Gazza

Please,

Can anyone tell me how I can export my Q02[H] program to a text file. I know this can be done in GX IEC Developer, but I cannot find anyway of doing it in GX Developer.

The export options given are all unavailable. Is there a reason why?

Perhaps it depends on how you first istalled the software cause I sure can do it.

When I install a software I always choose to get everything in. ???

gx_export.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

But, I have followed all installation instructions as that was what I thought the problem was.

Do you know whether there is a file stored somewhere in the directory which would contain all of the programs information, that I could simply open in notepad?

When I install a software I always choose to get everything in.

What I mean by this is I that when I install the software I always select evry options. I this case I selct to Import from MEDOC print files and all other formats that I can select. Maybee this is the reason why you don't have those export options.

Try installing it again and select EVERYTHING you can!!!

I just opened up my version and i don't have an export to text file either... It's just not there...

Maybe we have different versions to the one that can export as a text file?

Pierre,

I am working with version 8 of GX developer. Is this what your working on?

Ive had no luck with a re-install.

Xion, Thanks for the reply. I thought it was just me!

I'm using an earlier version of it so my guess is tha this feature was added in a later version, we just need to find what version Pierre is using :)

And here it is.

Funny, I looked at the one we have in the shop, its Version 7.01 and does not have those text export choices. 🔨

gxversion.jpg

Hi Gazza,
You might try using the "Print" function to print to a file.
Try installing a text/line printer and select "print to file" or some variation thereof.
Good luck!
Much Thanks,
Mike

Mike,

Thanks for the reply.

Im not sure what your saying will help me achieve my goal, which is to export the entire project to notepad where I can copy and edit rungs quickly and import them back into GX Developer.

I have means and ways in RSLogix 5000 by saving the file as a .L5K and then creating a mail merge which creates multiple rungs within minutes.

I have achieved this with other packages such as GX IEC Developer, Siemens S7. GX Developer is the only software I cannot do this with. The export functions are there but not available.

Frustrating to say the least.

Chaps,

I think I may have cracked it.

The export function is available to A Series controllers but not Q Series Controllers.

Madness