hakko

crazy_j

Is the programming cable the same for V6 and V4 series touchscreen,
can anyone give some information on where I can purchase a programming cable for the V4 series touchscreen. Any information will be appreciated.

I dont know where you can get programming cable for HAKKO
but you can made it by your self like me.
get RG45 cable (ET cable) cut one side and conect 9 pin plug.
You can get the drawing in the hardware book or in there site.
http://www.hakko-elec.co.jp/
You can download all the book you need.
If you need more help let me know.

BTW Hakko is one of my favoured touch screens.very recommended.

crazy,
I use the V6 and the V7 models. They both use the same cable, not sure about the V4. It looks like this is a discontinued model. As ArikBy has said you can just make your own. We get our Hakko stuff from a company called Sanwa, or something like that. I'll PM there number to you tommorow.

BTW, ArikBy we got something in common. I think Hakko HMI's are awesume as well. You can't beat the price and they will do just about anything. I used to be all Mitsubishi HMI, but when I tried the Hakko, I was hooked. I've used them for about two years now and probably only barely touched the ablility of these HMI's. It's nice to see someone else is enjoying them. (y)
Tim

Last edited:
hakko V4 touchscreen

Thank you Arikby your information was very helpful, I went to there
website and found all the available manuals i needed >

hakko V4 touchscreen

Tim sending me there number would be great, are they in the states.
Price wise are they fairly reasonable thanks cj

Hi Tim

I just came back home. I was im US when I saw this post, and I didnt have much time to be in front of compuer with web access.
I would like to hear your opinion about Hakko support in US.
I wary to install Hakko touch panels in system I install in US.
I dont know what kind of service they can get over there.
That why I use Omron or A-B panels depend on PLC type.
I dont want to be in position that the customer can get Omron or A-B
service and not Hakko.
What you think?

crazy_j,
Please accept my apology. I have somehow lost touch with this thread. I will send you that number tomorrow.

ArikBy,
I'm not too familiar with any support here in the U.S. I've never needed to call anyone yet on any issues because its such a great product and the manuals are all I need. I can tell you that if you ask the support team a question on the web site, you will receive a response. They are very helpful. I had the plastic screen face on one of their V608 HMI's get broken and needed a replacement. This part was something they didn't "typically" offer by itself. I emailed Japan and got a response the next day saying they do not usually sell this item by itself. They went on to tell me that they have faxed my company a special part number, so we could just order the plastic face instead of the whole casing.
Now that's customer service!!! (y)
Tim