How to establish ethernet communication in rslinx earlier than rsview me application

siva_maddala

Welcome to Automation World,

Dear viewers and experts, I am facing a problem in RSVIEW MACHINE EDITION. I am running one rsview machine edition application on panel PC. Actually it has to start automatically on powerup the panel pc. It is opening the application on power up in rsview machine edition, but unfortunately the rslinx communication on ethernet is not establishing that much fast , so it is starting application on auto and after some time the communication is establishing, it is exceeding the watchdog timer time and it is not communicating. Suppose if we started the pc and after 2 to 3 minutes if we started the application of rsview me communication is establishing, but the customer requirement is on autostartup during poweron, So if any one knows the solution how to start rslinx first and then rsviewme give me the reply, i am eagerly waiting for the reply.

Check to see which other services are starting when you boot the computer to make sure any unnecessary ones are disabled. If you are using RSLinx Enterprise with RSView ME, for example, you can disable the startup of RSLinx Classic.

A great utility for managing startup services and applications is called Autoruns, and it's part of the excellent Sysinternals suite, now managed by Microsoft:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb545027.aspx

In similar applications where it is required to start up a client application without allowing user access to the Windows desktop, I use a utility that Rockwell Software provided with RSView32, called DeskLock. DeskLock replaces the Windows explorer shell and provides very limited access to the user for running the programs you choose. It also will allow you to delay startup of the RSView ME client for several minutes.

DeskLock was included in the RSView32 accessory CD, and should be available to FactoryTalk View users as well. There are a number of good technotes regarding DeskLock and RSView ME/SE, including number 32496, How to Configure DeskLock with FactoryTalk View ME.