RA Activation establish trust SSL/TLS issue

I had some revalations towards the end of the process though.

1. I had initially installed FTAM, V3. This version recognised my internet connection, but faulted.

2. Uninstalled V3, installed V5. Not compatible with my computer

3. Installed V4. Does not recognise internet connection.

The takeaway from this is that the internet connection was not the issue. Because V3 recognised the internet connection.

It's definitely not a proper fix, but can you uninstall v4 and activate with v3? Then upgrade to v4 if needed? That will at least get you started with your software.

ID: QA50648 | Access Levels: Everyone
FactoryTalk Activation Manager: unable to enter activation information

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/answer_view/a_id/1074072/loc/en_US

This KB has 6 possible solutions, maybe one will solve your problem.

note: Answer 3 - Step 1 has a mistake in the directory C:\Program Files(x86)\Rockwell Software\FactoryTalkActivation\Tools You will need a "space" between the \FactoryTalkActivation as C:\Program Files(x86)\Rockwell Software\FactoryTalk Activation\Tools

Solution. RA chat provided me with a RA local contact number whom i called Monday morning. Tech support sent me the relevant activation keys.

Not a permanent solution. But enough to get started.