"690 DH+ Hardware Failed" error on Panelview

godfrey

I recently commissioned an AB PLC network. One of the OITs displays the DH+ hardware failed error about once every 2-4 days. I'm sure the cabling and resistor terminating is OK. AB support says maybe the OIT can't find the address in the PLC. If that was the case, I would think the error would display right away. The error goes away when I cycle power to the OIT. I'm not sure what to check next. I'd like to hear of anyone's experience in dealing with this error.

If the PanelView couldn't find the address in the PLC, it would display an "Required Network Node(s) Not Found" error.

The hardware failure errors are very uncommon, but they mean what they say: you have a bad component on the DH+ daughterboard that is malfunctioning every several days.

The only remedial step is to send the terminal in for repair. Make sure that you note the exact error code on the repair request, otherwise it might get tagged as "no problem found" because the error takes so long to manifest itself.

Maybe it's a thermal problem, or a fractured PC board trace, or even a bit of metal junk bouncing around the circuit board. I don't recommend disassembling the terminal, but blowing it out with clean air couldn't hurt.