Slightly OT: Energy metering- multiple circuits

ggc

Looking for an economic way to monitor kWh and kVARh on multiple circuits (upto 10) in a single distribution board. Data will only be used for splitting costs between business units and energy studies, so doesn't need to be utility spec. Rs485 for connection to a redlion datastation would also be required, an LCD display is not essential.

The Veris H8238 http://www.veris.com/Item/H8238.aspx looks like it will almost do the job, but for that sort of money I could afford to buy separate meters. Can anybody recommend another solution?

I tried Veris a few years ago and I was not pleased with their quality or support.

Cutler Hammer has power monitoring equipment, and there is always the GE MultiLins.

Some interesting suggestions, but still more expensive than multiple meters.

Has anyone used the wago 750-493 modules? Looks like a good solution, but based on book prices it's still going to be cheaper to go for individual energy meters networked to a redlion datastation.

Anybody else got some ideas?

you will only need one 750-493 if working in one place.
switch over with a relay only switching the coils, you only need one small relais (costing 10 euro) and an output on plc.
just switch over every 10 seconds or so.
this way every outlet costing only 25 euro plus overhead ofcourse.