EZ Store Device - GE - Error

juanmdx

Hello everyone,

I'm working with a GE Versamax PLC, using Proficy ME.
Now I got a EZ Store Device (EZ from now on), and I wanted to write to it the latest program so I could download to the PLC whenever I needed to.

The thing is that I write a program on it, see how it worked and then I wanted to write the latest program (please don't ask me why I didn't write the latest program on the first place), but I got an error on the Proficy, something about that the EZ was corrupted or not present and an 8544 error.

This was the first time I used the EZ and I just tryed to write to it two times, and I don't think this is enough to damage it, so do you guys know what can be happening?, maybe there is another way to clear the EZ and then I can write to it again.

Well, hope you guys can help.

Best regards

Juan

The operation of the EZ Store device is covered in chapter 15 of GFK-1503D.

You can get a copy from the GE support site
http://support.ge-ip.com/support/index?page=search_advanced
Type the publication number in the search field, clear all the sources except "Manuals" and hit "Search". The manual was the first item in the list when I did that.

Hi,

I already read this, but it doesn't say anything about the faults of the EZ.
Do you know something more, or have another manual?

Thanks

According to help on Error 8544 it could be either:
* Flash memory is incompatible (This is not likely)
* Insufficient privilege level
* Invalid name

Yep, I also saw this, but how can I not be privileged enough (that sounds cooky lol), if I can do it with another EZ, and I did it with this one before?

And I don't know what the "Invalid Name" refers to?

Thanks

* Insufficient privilege level (Does the program you are attempting to load have a password?)
* Invalid name (What is the name of the program?)

The program doesn't have a password, I've used another EZ to work with it and everything is fine.

I guess the program name is also OK for the same reason, it is something like companyname06693 or something like that.