Older Simatic problem

pg720

Hello all,
this is my first post on PLCtalk forum.🍻

I am doing electric/electronic maintenance of the production plant with old Siemens automation.

I have problem with Siemens S5-150S PLC.
PLC is in STOP mode.I cannot to do overall reset with PG.
Also after trying to download program to plc, mesagge is
"0 Blocks transfered"?

I only have access to control bits,
DATEIN (contents of date and time cells for timeinterrupt not valid)
MAFEHL (entry exists in machine error word)
SUMF (checksum error in user prog.or system prog memory)

Any idea what can be wrong?

TIA
P.S. Sorry because of my bad English

Did you replace any of the CPU cards? Not all versions are compatible. Well, I can remember that if a 150S/U was nasty, we took out all the CPU-cards talked calmly to them and let them have som fresh air, and all capacitors unload. Often that did the trick.

Kalle

Did you replace any of the CPU cards? Not all versions are compatible. Well, I can remember that if a 150S/U was nasty, we took out all the CPU-cards talked calmly to them and let them have som fresh air, and all capacitors unload. Often that did the trick.

Kalle

Hi Kalle,

I didnt replace any of CPU cards.
If I remember good, it is possible to replace lower revision number Cpu card with higher revision number.Something like backward compatibility. Can some one confirm that?

We switch off power supply,took out CPU card,Ram cards, back up baterry. After some time we put back cards and baterry,
switch on power supply and we have clear STOP mode, with out
bad control bits.
When we try to push PLC in Run, we got STOP + Yelow led, and
This control bits.

We was check power supply, on the voltage and current check point,(with Voltmeter, may be we should check it with osciloscope)
its 5,1V and equaly current sharing between master and slave PS.

Hi Kalle,

Atleast for me this one tells corrupted memory. Checksum stored on cup and checksum calculated from current memory dont match. Try reloading the program to cpu.

Atleast for me this one tells corrupted memory. Checksum stored on cup and checksum calculated from current memory dont match. Try reloading the program to cpu.

Overall reset and reloading user program, cannot be done.

Usualy when I have problem, I first doing overall reset and pushing PLC in RUN mode, without user program, if that work I know that hardware is O.k. Than I reload user program.

This time, if checksum is problem, than it could be checksum
of the PLC System Software. (broken EPROM?)

Ad CPU card revisions: There shall be a compability matrix somewhere in the Siemens support-system. I saw it in Prodoc before the internet era...

Can the CPU be started with no RAM-card in?
Kalle

Last edited:
Ad CPU card revisions: There shall be a compability matrix somewhere in the Siemens support-system. I saw it in Prodoc before the internet era...

Can the CPU be started with no RAM-card in?
Kalle

I try that. No, CPU cannot be started with RAM card out of rack.