Crouzet, siemens etc clones

johnburke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi there, I am looking for clones for Crouzet or Siemens machines for the company i work for. I am a programmer but not yet a PLC programmer. I am using small Crouzet machines using function block programming and need to find cheap alternatives. One important requirement is support. Crouzet simply does not offer any. They do not reply to emails or phone calls at least not in the UK. You can only keep trying with a supplier like this for so long.

When you are new to a technology you need examples with explanations, that way you can take the programs apart and see what happens when you make changes. At the moment i am not controlling machinery yet:) just monitoring inputs from switches etc.

Here is what the machine must have.
8 Analogue inputs 0-10 or 4/20ma etc
2 to 4 digital I/O
240 mains supply
programmable via PC.

I am searching the web but some people here will no doubt know that some machines are better than others and which machines to steer clear of due to idiosyncrasies.

Any suggestions could be useful.

I would check Siemens 6es7151-8. Prog with Step7, the ET200S IO is granulated, competetive and robust. Check also out the S71200.

Alternative is www.berthel-online.de. Check out Econcon - I've never touched the box, but it's a pre that it is made in Erlangen.

Alternative from Wago: It is progammed with Codesys. I've used it, but don't like Codesys that much. I think the HW is good, and there are dozens of IO-types. http://www.wagocatalog.com/okv3/index.asp?lid=2&cid=15&strBestNrID=7500841

Kalle

By the way: If you both want cheap clones and good support ... could be a tricky one.

Last edited:
By the way: If you both want cheap clones and good support ... could be a tricky one.

I agree with that. You'll end up paying one way or the other - if not in up-front hardware costs then in time and frustration.

If you're used to Siemens, stick with it. The S7-200 and 300 aren't the cheapest but they're reasonable. STEP7 isn't the easiest software to use, but for a novice just wanting to do basic stuff it's not impossible to learn either. The hotline isn't the best but there's a wealth of information on the net.

How cheap? And what features are your pertaining to when you say "clones"?

Last edited:
i would use wago easy program and cheap.
the analog inputs should be all 0/10 volts and then choose with a resistor if it is 4/20 mA.
if needed speed you must use several cards and if slow you could use some small relais to get the inputs.
the outputs are also simple.
look at www.wago.de for a visual.
and for support just ask me and i will write your program.