Crouzet EM4 Micro PLC To Maple Systems(Weintek) HMI

Edmhydraulics

Hi everybody, I am in a bit of a pickle, I recently a Crouzet EM4 PLC off DigiKey, I know I probably should not have done that, but I needed something fast, like overnight and Digikey is good for that. The EM4 is a pretty sharp little plc, lots of analog inputs, High speed inputs, and the programming software is dead simple.

My plan was to connect the PLC to a Maple Systems HMI using Modbus TPC/IP over ethernet, but no matter what I do I cant get a connection. The PLC can only be set up as a slave in a modbus system.

I have tried everything to get them to talk, it looks like they are connected but there is no data being transmitted between them. The ip of the PLC is 192.168.68.12 and the HMI is 192.168.68.5 and the subnet is 255.255.0.0.

Anybody here have experience with Crouzet??

Thanks.

Why not ask Crouzet for support. Since this is Brand New and purchased from Digikey, which is a reseller for Crouzet. Call them up and ask them to walk you through on how to configure the PLC to communicate to the HMI thru Modbus.

They should know exactly how to configure.

So after several days of waiting to hear back, I got a rep from Crouzet to email me back, he apologized for not getting back to me right away and assured me that he would talk to the techs about my problem.

Never heard back from him........ Not impressed, I wont ever be buying this PLC again. Too bad because it looks good with the built in display.

I am going to stay away from Crouzet going forward........