RS Factory Talk - Trend Data Logs file data extraction

Robot_Man

Hi Guys,

Could anyone advise me on how to extract the data from the Rockwell/Allen-bradley RS Factory Talk Trend Logs.

I have set up the SCADA such that is is happliy producing a weekly archive log of Trending and these roll on week by week. Now the Client wants to export these and remotely use in Excel or similar to recreate the graphs originally viewed on the SCADA and perform other manipulation.

Also, for the Error Logs (which are held in an MS SQL Server database) does anyone know how to extract the data for viewing and manipulation in an Excel spreadhseet or similar.

Many thanks.

FactoryTalk is a term referring to a family of software packages. Can you tell us which one you are using? For example, FactoryTalk View Machine Edition.

OG

Hi OG - I'm running FT View Site Edition in Local mode. It's a standalone PC which is networked to several PLC's

The Client doesn't want to buy expensive Rockwell software for viewing, and I seem to remember with RSView32 the trend files were exporatble as CSV fils and read straight into Excel. Nothing like that possible with FT Site Edition?