Factory Talk View SE - Trend a bit from DINT

smess.cle

Hi guys,

I have "Light_Status_DINT", which is a DINT logged every 5s.
if i trend the DINT itself no issue, i got a nice graph of it.

Now i want to trend a particular bit of it on a dedicated pen. I need to see for exemple "Light_Status_DINT.12" on a different pen.
even if i select digital, it does not work.

Any ideas?
Do i need to add Light_Status_DINT.12 ? what a waste if ever...

Thanks

Thanks rdrast,
you mean i need to have a boolean in my log tag list?
having a dint in the log and using a bit of that dint doesn't work?

Thanks

There is no need to create an additional tag, but you will need to configure a new pen. For that new pen, select the Light_Status_DINT tag, but you will have to manually add the ".12" to the end of your tag name. The Tag Browser does not allow you to pick a bit from a DINT. You will select the DINT in the Tag browser, then add the bit info in the Connections window.

By the wy...selecting "Digital" or "Analog" has nothing to do with the tag or data you are plotting. These are settings that affect how the data is plotted on-screen.

The analog selection interpolates your data between samples. For example, if you plot the data once every 10 seconds and the data changes from 40 to 50 in that 10 seconds, then at 5 seconds it must have been 45.

With the digital selection there is no interpolation, so you get more of a stair-step effect.

In the example below, this is the same digital tag plotted using both methods.

OG

Trend.PNG

There is no need to create an additional tag, but you will need to configure a new pen. For that new pen, select the Light_Status_DINT tag, but you will have to manually add the ".12" to the end of your tag name. The Tag Browser does not allow you to pick a bit from a DINT. You will select the DINT in the Tag browser, then add the bit info in the Connections window.

By the wy...selecting "Digital" or "Analog" has nothing to do with the tag or data you are plotting. These are settings that affect how the data is plotted on-screen.

The analog selection interpolates your data between samples. For example, if you plot the data once every 10 seconds and the data changes from 40 to 50 in that 10 seconds, then at 5 seconds it must have been 45.

With the digital selection there is no interpolation, so you get more of a stair-step effect.

In the example below, this is the same digital tag plotted using both methods.

OG

all right, this is exactly what i did and if i remember well, the trend was showing the pen (where i use a bit of the logged dint) live but not logged. Meaning to say as soon as i was out of the trend page and come back, the logged trend was not there anymore for this particular pen...
I'll try again.

If we are dealing with logged data, we would have to have that bit logged independently.

I'm not sure if you are using FT View SE or ME but SE might be able to use bit masking to accomplish this. But I don't think ME could do that.

OG

If we are dealing with logged data, we would have to have that bit logged independently.

I'm not sure if you are using FT View SE or ME but SE might be able to use bit masking to accomplish this. But I don't think ME could do that.

OG

Yes this is logged data in FT View SE