Btr btw issue!

jaimeng6

hello Tech!
My question and issue is this.
Have networked 3 slc 5/04's dh485, came to the the most important reason for upgrade from modicom ,to communicate between the three systems.
Try to load a BTR and it along with BTW is not HIGHLIGHTED. OS catalog #401 as required. Read some more and still could not figure why!
RSLOGIX 500 ver.6.2,
win xp sp2
any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks'

Yup, see picture below from the SLC's instruction set manual.

What exactly are you trying to do with the block transfer?

Why did you network them with DH485 ( serial port) and not DH+ or do you mean their DH+ port?

BTR_BTW.jpg

Last edited:
Block Transfer Read (BTR) and Block Transfer Write (BTW) are instructions that perform configuration and data block transfers on the Remote I/O (RIO) network via the 1747-SN Series B scanner module.

For any peer-to-peer network like DH-485 or DH+, use a Message (MSG) instruction.

Thanks for the quik response,
I need to know if one plc system is operating its induction units which is a simple input to its processor by the other processor for the simple reason if both system are down the shared chilling tower will go to idle.

If you are using the DH+ port then see PDF below and read about the Global Status Word. Very easy method for the amoung of data you are passing between processors.

Mickey,
I researched on my own and found dh485 to be capable for what I have.
3 slc 5/04's
1 micro 1200
eventually exchange a 5/04 w/ 5/05 install a panelview and tap into it w/ethernet.
Do you have any suggestions at all for this simple system I would seriously consider it, am I stable this way? the esasier the better for DDE i suppose. THANKS y'all

Your first post only mentioned the 3 SLC5/04's. Now that you have added the ML1200 that changes the network. The ML1200 does not support DH+.