Modicon Micro 110 CPU 612 00, how to connect via MODSOFT?

BigTom209

Dug this old PLC out of the basement here at work and thought it might be alright having it kicking around for some general testing in the lab, so found the ancient laptop with the MODSOFT lite software installed, went through DOS and got it loaded up and found the 110XCA20300 DB9-Pin adaptor... but nothing seems to be working in terms of connecting.

I found a old ethernet cable marked "Modicon PLC" so figured that's what was used in the past for programming (Just a straight through cable nothing fancy) but I can't get any communications to come up. Right now as it sits the power OK led, the Ready LED, the RUN LED, and Batt Low LED are all up and solid, but nothing comes up for the COMM 1 so I'm just not comunicating with it yet.

In the Modsoft program I've gone into the direct connection parameters,

Address 1 (how do I check if it's set for something else?)
protocol: Modbus I
Mode: RTU
Data Bits: 8
Parity: Even
Stop Bits: 1
Baud: 9600
Device: Com 1 (not sure which is the 9 pin serial on this comp)

Anyone got some experience with these old PLC's and program to help guide me to connect? I'm sure once I'm in I should be able to build some simple ladder logic but gotta figure out how to connect first and foremost!

Thanks
Tom