Crimson 3.0 not importing some L5K files.

sccoupe

I'm using Crimson 3.0(R2Build227) from Red Lion and cannot import some Allen Bradley L5K files. I have tried new databases to no avail. The L5K file size doesnt seem to matter because I have a 1.5mb and smaller files that work fine, yet one of the 780k files wont import. I am exporting the L5K's from RSLogix 5000 fresh and always the same way. When I click import, the good ones come right up and show the tag list, the others just show the hour glass. I have given over an hour to complete, but I end up having to end task.

Any help?

Thanks

Jason

EDIT: I just tried the same files with Crimson 2.0 and they worked fine. Must be a bug in 3.0. Very disappointing that I cannot accomplish what I told my manager could be done.

Last edited:
I have been able to succesfully import L5K files into Crimson 3.0 (R2Build227). You may want to contact Redlion and send them your L5K file to test. They have always been very responsive to me.

I am looking into this and I have contacted the driver engineer. I will keep you updated as to what we find.

Thanks
Jeremy

Thanks guys. I too can import most L5K files, but have trouble with a few. I sent one of the trouble files to the support email address at Red Lion for review.

Sorry for the delay. We have the import issue resolved. I am currently testing a beta build of software. If it looks good I will be sending you a link to download it.

Thanks
Jeremy

OkiePC,

I am actually seeing that we have officially released build 238 to the location. Perhaps try refreshing the page to get the latest text and link.

Thanks
Jeremy