S7-300 DP Coupler issues

smakdown61

I'm having some problems setting up my DP coupler. I have two 318-2DP cpus on my desk with both connecting to the coupler via the built in DP ports. There is nothing else on their networks besides the coupler. I've got the A1/B1 end of the profibus cable in the plc with terminator ON and the A2/B2 end in the coupler with the terminator ON.

I have my master DP network set up in the HW config with the coupler on it with an address of 10 (same address set on the DP coupler hardware). In the module info I get this error:

odule configured, but not available
Preset/Actual mismatch:
(inserted and configured module types are not the same)
- Expected type: DP Slave (6ES7 158-0AD01-0XA0)
- Current type: Not available

I verified the model number and it is correct, but it doesn't look like it can see anything on the bus as I'm getting a bus2f error. Please advise.

The biggest mistake is the i/o setup
If you have inputs on the first slot and outputs on the second slot then then the other plc must have the outputs in the first slot and inputs in the second. In other words draw an X

Make sense?

The fail might be this:
If my memory does not fail, do you have to assign the io (lines) in the 2 PLCs opposite. That is if you assign in line 1: input 8 bytes in plc A, you must have output 8 bytes in plc B.
I use combined IN_OUT in the same line, and cannot remember having problems.
I allways use the same consistency setting on both plcs.

Kalle

@JRW
Yes, I was in inconsistent input mode, so I missed your exellent answer, and probably initiated confusion to the theme. Writing in foreign language is time consumptioning, but it must be very funny for you to read all the creative letter combinations, ikke sant?
icon10.gif

Kalle

The biggest mistake is the i/o setup
If you have inputs on the first slot and outputs on the second slot then then the other plc must have the outputs in the first slot and inputs in the second. In other words draw an X

Make sense?

Yep that fixed it thanks!