RsView32 Works

gyilmaza

Hi again, I have a question.
I tried to open the project but I get this pop up alert :

" Can not open tag database. Aborting the load project "

what should I do? Can anyone help me?

I think,,,

RS works licence works based on number of tags,like 150 tags, 10,000 tags, 100K tags etc.

Maybe you are trying to open a project which have more than your licensed tags count

Sometimes the cache files become corrupted. Delete the cache folder and the .CAC file. these will be regenerate the next time the project is loaded. Sometimes when the project is closed incorrectly, like with a computer crash, these files become corrupted.

Is there a particular "percentage" indicated before this error message is displayed ?

There should also be an "actlog" activity log file in the RSView32 Project directory that may give you more information.

What version of the RSView32 Works editor are you running ?

The version of RsView32 Works that I use is 6.30.17 and I have 100K tags licence.
Sometimes the cache files become corrupted. Delete the cache folder and the .CAC file. these will be regenerate the next time the project is loaded. Sometimes when the project is closed incorrectly, like with a computer crash, these files become corrupted.
After deleting the cache folder and .CAC file, I tried to open the project but still same problem.
Is there a particular "percentage" indicated before this error message is displayed ?

There should also be an "actlog" activity log file in the RSView32 Project directory that may give you more information.
When rsview tried to open the tags database, it stopped at %50. I openned the files in the ACTLOG folder with the notepad and I saw messages like "tag not found" , "Invalid tag" as error messages.