fp1-c40 help needed

tudorg

I look after some computers for a factory, they have recently had a problem with a printing machine which uses a fp1-c40
the fp1-c40 has been sent back to holland and been repaired, after a couple of mishaps i believe the copy of the correct program will be install and all should be ok.
Heres the trick bit the company in holland will not give the copy of the correct program
so for a complete newbie like me how do i go about just copying the program/image from the fp1-c40
i believe a rs-232 to rs-422 adapter would be needed plus maybe a usb to serial converter for a laptop with xp.
Confirmation would be handy.
Also i belive the software to download the image is from panasonic is it free?
Also is the software to look at the program free?
Somebodys help is needed i would eternally grateful.
Regards Tudor
PS might need somebody to repair these boards in the UK as well
if someone is interested as sending to holland seems a bit excessive

You will get your answers more accurately from the company in Holland, anything else is going to be a "best guess" based on a lot of speculation.

still some advice needed

still could do with advice to getting the firmware downloaded from the plc
if someone could advise as i have seen in previos threads with this model it has been done before, just that the links dont work on the threads as they are a few years old
any help appreciataed

Maybe if your would list the Model and version of everything someone will be able to help.

Thankyou some positive news
Would the cable be a rs-232 to rs-422 adapter
and could i use a usb to serial for the laptop to plugin to it
whats the difference between the FPWIN-PRO and the FPWIN-GR software
as i need only to backup the image
thanks again