Matsushita FP1 C40

ADoozer

Hi all.

I'm looking for a pinout for a cable to connect to a Matsushita FP1 C40 PLC.

I believe it will be 9 pin d-sub to 9 pin round connector (similar to a micrologix plug).

Any info greatly appreciated.

Regards
Dave:beer:

If it's a round plug then it might be a 5-pin mini DIN as is used on some of the other FP models.

I don't have experience with the FP1 but the pictures I found on Google appear to show a Dsub connection on the PLC.

toolport.PNG

Everything you need to know is in that diagram... pin numbers and names on each side of the cable. I assume the "conversion circuit" has to do with converting RS422 to RS232. You can still build your own but you would have to purchase an off-the-shelf converter to integrate with it. In this instance it would probably be easier just to purchase the OEM cable.

Last edited:
Thanks again kolyur.

It seems the RS422 converter is no longer the losing factor.

We are unable to source the 8 pin mini din plug.

That being said, a decision has been made to replace the "outdated" plc with a micrologix or something similar.

Regards
Dave