Mitsubishi Software

longshanks

Hello,
My old laptop has died. I'm looking at getting a new laptop.
Does anyone out there know how well GX-Developer and the associated E-Designer work under Windows 7 Premium ?
With the newer laptop, can anyone reccommend a USB to Serial adapter for the new unit. I'm looking at a Toshiba unit.
This is for my own use only as I'm retired but have several units running here at home.
They are older versions, such as 6.1 for E-Designer, and version GX-DEV-FX-C1, both fully liscensed.
Thanks....

Hello,
until someone is definitely confirming that GX Developer works/does not work with Windows-7 one thought:

Windows-7 (as long as it is not the basic version) has this XP Mode. Should not any program run in this XP console just as well as in real XP machine? If not, pleas someone correct me.

BTW, you don't have a link from where to download GX Developer ? I made a fast search on the internet but could not find a valid download link.

Thank you
br
bb

I run Gx v8.3 on Windows 7. I havent had a problem yet. Dont know about E Designer but all my other software seems to run fine, Mitsubishi have not yet confirmed GX for Win7. They will release a patch or upgrade soon, or so I'm told. I have a brand new Toshiba Tecra that has a real serial port so I didnt need the usb adapter.

Many thanks to BTalbot and others. Chart answers my questions. Maybe I'll just laod XP on it. Still have an unused liscense for that laying around.

As long as you don't mind having a play I would try the Windows 7 install, don't activate it, in fact don't even enter the serial number. You have a month to try the thing.

E-Designer works fine though I have to run it as administrator if I need to change the serial port or upgrade PLC drivers. The compatibility charts are written by the people who answer the Support line and so tend to be somewhat conservative.

Bryan

BryanG, yes, but thank you for the response. I do intend to try it first. The laptop I'm looking at has Win7 home "premium"... Wheeee.. I do have an upgrade path to, what I believe is called "Ultimate"?? And I do intend to try that first. I've been retired now for about 5 1/2 years so am a bit out of touch with what works with what. The last real system I used used XP Pro. Again, to all, the responses are appericated.
Longshanks

For your information:
I now have Windows 7 Ultimate running both GX-Developer and E-Designer.
Both versions are at least 5 years old and run fine.
Longshanks

It's interesting, with all of this computer power, the darn things still don't spell any better than I do....
I started out working on a Bunker- Ramo 300 series. Does anyone out there even have any idea what that was ??
Longshanks