Screensaver Red Lion G3 Series HMI Necessary?

kenjohn

We will have several Red Lion HMI's on the floor of our lab and I was asked if a screensaver was necessary for these to prevent burn-in? I didn't know so thought I'd ask here... Can't find anything in the Crimson Manual or from a Google search so I'm thinking probably not!?!? KJ

LCD displays cannot "burn-in," as could older monochrome CRTs when displaying the same image for long periods of time. The real purpose of the screen saver for LCDs (really just a screen dimmer) is to extend the life of the backlight.

Similar Topics

Would love to just have the scrensaver come up, full screen company logo, and thats it. i attempted to make the logo 320x240 and it did fill the...
Replies
Views
new to PLC programming, new to the forum. have been lurking and learning for a bit and am excited to learn as much as i can here, now for my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am using a TP700 comfort HMI and 317 CPU. I have been required to add four pictures to make the HMI screensaver. Ideally it...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to stop the screensaver without touching the screen, that is, with a tag.
Replies
Views
Can someone help me out by telling me how I can replace the AB screen saver with my own company logo on a Panelview Plus 1000 unit?
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom