PVP600 Floating Screensaver to Full Screen Still Image

JZerb

Would love to just have the scrensaver come up, full screen company logo, and thats it. i attempted to make the logo 320x240 and it did fill the screen up but it kept blinking every few seconds...i assume that was because it was doing its 'float' feature. is there any way to get that to work? i was going to attempt to make an autorun.bat that reads.

copy %WINCEROOT_%\PUBLIC\RDP\OAK\UIT\SCRSAVE\FLOAT\scrsave.c\"USB Storage"\scrsave.c
pause

and then attempt to figure out where in that source code its telling the .bmp to jump around the screen every few seconds. any other ideas would be appreciated.

I presume that Rockwell does the floating bitmap on a black background because a static image would cause burn-in, which is precisely what a screen saver is trying to avoid.

Knowledgebase Answer ID 28335 has a thorough description of the history and function of the screen saver on PV+ terminals.

When I've done thing like you describe, I've used the global connections to change to a full-screen "Splash Screen" with a big transparent "Go to Main Display" button on it, and turned down the backlight.

I personally wouldn't invest the resources to investigate the runtime source code to customize a screen saver.

I was actually able to do what I wanted today by some trial and error.

I put the screensaver image on a USB stick. Then got into the Windows CE environment and navigated to control panel-->display-->screensaver. Then went to Add and navigated to the USB stick and double tapped on the file to load it. Went back into the ME station program and waited til the screensaver loaded and it ended up working!

Only thing was that in the Windows CE menu I left the other screensaver image in the list, ssfloat, so what ended up happening was actually the little AB logo would load, then after a few seconds the logo I made would load, and it was alternate back and forth. So I'm going to go into the Windows CE environment tomorrow and Remove that ssfloat in the Screensaver tab and see what happens. Only other thing is im not sure if when telling the panel to add the file in the Windows CE environment it was actually transferring the file TO the panelview and saving it there or just pointing to the USB stick to use the file.

I presume that Rockwell does the floating bitmap on a black background because a static image would cause burn-in, which is precisely what a screen saver is trying to avoid.

Knowledgebase Answer ID 28335 has a thorough description of the history and function of the screen saver on PV+ terminals.

When I've done thing like you describe, I've used the global connections to change to a full-screen "Splash Screen" with a big transparent "Go to Main Display" button on it, and turned down the backlight.

I personally wouldn't invest the resources to investigate the runtime source code to customize a screen saver.

i will make an attempt at getting your method to work after trying my method and coming up short. i was able to get the full screen image on the panel by writing an autorun batch file that just transferred my bitmap to a folder that windows ce looked at for loading screensaver images from. but what happens now is the screen 'blinks' every 5 or so seconds, just as it would move the AB logo around when that was the chosen screensaver. and as much as i tried to figure out why it was doing that still, i have come up with no answers.