Useage of inputs and outputs

jtashaffer

With AB programing software is there a limit on how many times you can use the same input addresses or output addresses before you have to use a bit?

For input addresses there is no limit.

If you used an output address more then once that would be considered double coiling, bad practice IMHO. But you can if you want to , no limits.

The only limit would be total memory usage.

Edit:
OkiePC types faster then I do.

so what do you think the word "bit" really means? ...

here's the "beginner level" answer that I think you're looking for:

you can "examine" any address (input or output) as many times as you like ... in other words, use as many XIC or XIO instructions as you like for any address that you like ...

for output addresses, we NORMALLY only try to control those with just one instruction ... in other words, NORMALLY you'll just use one OTE instruction per output address ...

going further ...

if you've got about 90 minutes of spare time, I'd STRONGLY suggest that you watch the eleven YouTube videos available from the "Sample Lessons" page of my website ... be sure to watch ALL OF THEM IN NUMBER ORDER ... it's one long lesson chopped up into 10-minute segments to fit the YouTube time restrictions ... based on what you're asking, I'm betting that you'll find a lot of your questions answered ...

this will take you way beyond the beginner level ... then if you still have questions after you've seen the videos, please come back here and post again ...

Last edited: