Looking for a 4 or 8-channel converter for 4-20mA inputs and 0-135Ohm outputs

Problem:

Our PLC can only output 4-20mA, but the actuators it needs to control, modulate based on a 0-135Ohm signal. Buying 4 or 8 individual converters like DRN's is a solution, but we are looking for a more compact (and hopefully less expensive) solution. Replacing all of the actuators with ones that have a different control signal is not an option we have.

I've looked high and low and can't find anything but single channel signal conditioners for converting 4-20mA to 135Ohms. I did find an 8-channel device with 4-20mA inputs and -10V - 10V outputs, but I'm not sure how to get a 0-135Ohm output from a 0-10V output. Any help would be appreciated.

0 to 135 is common in Boiler and HVAC, and are usually single controllers, so finding a multi channel solution will likely prove fruitless. Most are single converters designed to fit inside the manuf particular valve. The DRN series by ACI is probably the most abundant.

You can DIY with leds and LDRs (light dependant resistors) in shrink tube, but its a dirty solution and will be effected by surrounding temperature and wire resistance.

Motorised potentiometer? Unlikely to find a unit on the shelf now so would have to build one, but these are basically a tiny motor attached to a rotary potentiometer with relay control to turn each way to adjust the reading.

Thank you all for your responses. I did find the ARM and ACI products but they were all single-channel.

From my experience, the most popular actuator that uses a proportional 135ohm modulating signal is the honeywell modrutrol motor. They are heavily used in heavy commercial/industrial heating applications including burner firing rate, draft dampers, air louvers, feedwater valves etc.

Here is the solution we ultimately found in case anyone was curious.
1709946422849.png