panelview 900 programming

michealthomas

hi guys,

can anyone tell me if there is a way to set up password protection on certain screens on the panelview 900. Using panelbuilder 32 it seems impossible can any one shed some light on this?

cheers

mick

Hi.
To do it easily you will need firmware version 4 in the PV900.
I suspect yours is version 3 which is OK because if it is any lower than you cannot flash upgrade it to 4.

The other alternative is to do it all in the PLC with passwords. You cannot hide the screens or the buttons but you can stop the PB from doing anything if the password is not correct or with a bit of clever data manipulation hide values. Gets a bit messy. It is much better to flash upgrade.

If you need more info then ask your NHP rep (Steve) who I am sure will get in touch with me.

Regards Alan

hi alan,
thanks much for your reply. its a bit diffucult finding information on such and old panelview.I actually found it in our graveyard and thought i could put it to good use on one of our problematic wire cutters. Sure enough i have found just enough information on it to get going. So many different cables and so many different ways. Going from dh485 with rj45 to a phoniex sic pin to the net aic to a micrologix 1200. Touch wood when i get back to work tomorrow and finally put it all together i have results. Where is it possible to find these upgrades ?

First, find out what firmware you have. When the unit is first powered up, it should display this information.

PanelBuilder32 on CD comes with firmware for almost everything. It also includes a firmware upgrade utility. You can also upgrade the firmware using an ATA type memory card. This is much simpler. Just make sure your hardware supports the firmware you want, and make very sure that you get the correct firmware for you exact hardware including the communication type!